Sep 9, 2013

Weeks in Review (August 26 to September 8, 2013) + Weekend Fun in Baltimore

After last week's Disneyland Half Marathon weekend, you would think I would be resting my tired self, but nope, I did another race this weekend. Here's a sneak peek at how I looked after my Color Me Rad 5K


Because the race was up in Baltimore, Raisin Bread and I decided to head up there for the night. We had an early dinner at Thames Street Oyster House in the Fells Point neighborhood. This was both of our first times in this area of town, and we both loved it.


I ordered a selection of raw oysters and some jumbo shrimp to share. Raisin Bread had the Rhode Island Quahog Chowder. For our entrees, I had an ahi tuna special with gnocchi, sweet potato and cauliflower, while hubby had the swordfish with risotto. The food was amazing. I loved my tuna, which was perfectly seared.


After dinner, we walked around the neighborhood and along the pier before checking into our hotel for the night.

Sunset in Baltimore

I'll have a full recap of the race next week. For now, here is what the workouts looked like these last two weeks.

August 26 to September 1, 2013
Monday: ran 3.2 miles
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: ran 3.2 miles
Thursday: rest
Friday: lots of walking around Downtown Disney
Saturday: Disneyland 10K (recap here)
Sunday: Disneyland Half Marathon (recap coming soon)

Total yoga this week: 0 times
Total mileage this week: 25.7 miles


Before we left for California, Raisin Bread purchased a DVD workout set called "Brazil Butt Lift." Romantic?? I will be starting the full schedule next week, but I did get to try it once on Thursday. It is hard but fun. We'll see if I can keep up with the schedule though because it seems like a lot to me.

September 2 to 8, 2013
Monday: rest
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: ran/walked 2 miles
Thursday: Brazil Butt Lift - Booty Basics and Bum Bum (50 minutes)
Friday: rest
Saturday: rest
Sunday: Color Me Rad 5K (recap coming soon)

Total yoga this week: 0 times
Total mileage this week: 4.78 miles
Total mileage this year: 271.53 miles

Thames Street Oyster House
1728 Thames Street
Baltimore, MD 21231

Disclosure: I received complimentary race registration for Color Me Rad from Blogportunity and Fit Approach. No compensation was received. All opinions are my own. Read my full disclosure here

No comments:

Post a Comment