Sep 30, 2013

Week In Review (September 23-29, 2013)

This week has been rough. I'm not sure if it is because the sun isn't rising as early combined with the sun setting earlier or maybe it is because I got a flu shot on Monday and maybe that has made me fatigued. But I have been so tired this week. I even took a four hour nap on Sunday afternoon, which is totally unlike me. I hope I get over this soon! 

I participated in the Light the Way 5K on Saturday, which I will recap later this week. It was a lot of fun and can't wait to tell you about it. 

Light the Way 5K Finish Line

The rest of the week was pretty bad workout-wise. I had to stop a few times mid-workout because I was so drained.

Monday: Rest
Tuesday: BBL - Bum Bum (30 minutes)
Wednesday: BBL - Sculpt (didn't finish)
Thursday: Rest
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Light the Way 5K (recap coming soon)
Sunday: BBL - Bum Bum (30 minutes)

Total yoga this week: 0 times
Total mileage this week: 3.1 miles
Total mileage this year: 282.73

On Friday, I volunteered at the packet pick-up for a local race that happened on Saturday morning. It obviously wasn't a race I did because I was at the Light the Way 5K. During my volunteer shift, something occurred to me which made me think. I wondered if I felt that there was something wrong with me volunteering my time for a for-profit race. I have volunteered two times now at for-profit races and it didn't even occur to me the first time to ask myself why I was volunteering at an event for a business that was making tons of money. Anyway, to save myself from having to answer that question next time, I'm going to volunteer for not-for-profit events in the future.

On Saturday, Raisin Bread and I drove out to Annandale to try out a new-to-us Korean barbecue place: Kogiya. The wait was horrendous but the food was great. We had quite the spread. We ordered a seafood pancake, bulgogi and kalbi and of course, had loads of banchan. Yum yum! Kogiya seems to bring in a lot of bodies with their all-you-can-eat barbecue but we weren't sold on the cuts of meat, so we ordered a la carte.


Here's hoping for more energy this week!

Kogiya Korean BBQ
4220 Annandale Road 
Annandale, VA 22003

No comments:

Post a Comment