Sep 27, 2013

{Product Review} NeoCell Collagen Sport

Back in the summer, NeoCell reached out to me and asked if I wanted to try out their Collagen Sport Ultimate Recovery Complex protein powder. You may recall, in a previous post, I talked about NeoCell's Beauty Burst Soft Chews, which I received as part of my May 2013 Bulu Box, so I was happy to try out another one of their products.



Collagen Sport contains 30 grams of protein per serving, consisting of 15 grams of whey protein isolate and 15 grams of Super Collagen™ 1 & 3 Protein. It is also a good source of L-Glutamine, multi-vitamins and antioxidants from pomegranate extract. 

Additionally, Collagen Sport has:

  • No Gluten
  • No Wheat
  • No Sugar
  • No Lactose
  • No artificial sweeteners or flavors
  • No fillers or synthetic ingredients 

Here is a look at the nutritional facts on the back of the container. 


To read more about the benefits of collagen or more product information, please go here.

NeoCell sent me a 1.5 lb. container of Collagen Sport in the French Vanilla flavor, and so far, I have been using it in a variety of ways. First, I tried it just mixed with water. I have also tried it blended with soy milk. But by far, my favorite thing to do with it is to sprinkle it onto my Greek yogurt.

Here I made it with 1 cup of nonfat Greek yogurt, fresh mango cubes and slivered almonds. I have also added chia seeds on occasion.


This is my favorite breakfast at the moment. I'm hoping that my next concoction will be to use Collagen Sport in a protein ball recipe. 

As recommended, I typically have it in the mornings or after a workout. Unlike some protein powders that I have had in the past, Collagen Sport is easy to get down even just mixed with water or milk. It dissolves quickly and doesn't have a horrible after taste. 

What's my take? Although I can't attest to the fact that Collagen Sport has made my recoveries easier, I love having it as an extra source of protein and vitamins. And of course, having it taste good is definitely important to me. Otherwise, I wouldn't continue to take it! Now, where is my shake? 

Disclosure: NeoCell provided me with a 1.5 lb container of Collagen Sport Ultimate Recovery Complex for the purpose of this review. No compensation was received. All opinions are my own. Read my full disclosure here

No comments:

Post a Comment