May 23, 2013

Business School Graduation!

After three long years, I graduated from Business School this past weekend with my MBA. My whole family came into town to see me walk across that stage. Thank you so much, family, for taking the time out of your lives to celebrate with me! 

On Friday morning, we all met up for brunch at Ted's Bulletin in Eastern Market. I ordered a couple of side dishes because I wasn't very hungry. I had biscuits and gravy and hash browns. The restaurant is apparently known for its housemade pop tarts, which I thought were a little too bready and sprinkely. 


Next, we spent about an hour at the United States Botanic Garden to see some beautiful flowers. 


Then it was time to head home to get changed for the School of Business graduation. I'm somewhere in there! 


We actually sneaked out of the ceremony after everyone in my degree was called so that we could take photos. Oh, the beauty of having cell phones. Definitely wasn't an option when I graduated from high school or undergrad!



There was a reception after the ceremony with some light fare, including cupcakes decorated with the GW logo!


For dinner, we went to Zentan for some very expensive Asian fusion. A few of the dishes we ordered were the escolar, pekin chicken and the panna cotta for dessert. 


The next morning my siblings and I took our mom to her belated Mother's Day brunch at the Tabard Inn, one of my favorite brunch places in DC. 


We shared a plate of their famous doughnuts and whipped cream. I also ordered the corned beef hash with poached eggs. Yummy!
 

For the afternoon, we spent a few hours at the National Zoo, seeing some of my favorite animals. We were lucky enough to catch a glimpse of the pandas!


One of my favorite areas of the zoo turned out to be the Invertebrates House. The sea creatures were so colorful. I could just stare at them all day. 


We rounded out the day with dinner at Village Bistro in the Court House area of Arlington. I ate here once before and didn't remember any of my first experience. Either that or it has changed considerably since then. They are very heavy on fish dishes and had varieties that I have not seen on any other menus in DC. Hello, opah? It was really cool. I ordered the monkfish and pistachio cheesecake for dessert. 


The family had to return to their respective homes the next day. It was so great to spend the weekend with them, and I hope they had fun! 

Ted's Bulletin
505 8th Street, SE
Washington, DC 20003

Zentan
1155 14th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005

Tabard Inn
1739 N Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036

Village Bistro
1723 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22209

No comments:

Post a Comment