Jun 10, 2013

Week in Review (June 3 to 9, 2013) + {Product Review} RunGuard Sensitive Anti-Chafe

This weekend, Raisin Bread and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary in Maine! We visited Acadia National Park and I definitely ate my fill of lobster! We did lots of hiking, ate a ton and spent some quality time together. The weather wasn't great, but we were still able to make the most of it. Expect to hear more about Maine later. For now, here is a sneak peek at the natural beauty of Acadia. This photo was taken from Schooner Head Overlook.

schooner head overlook

I recently started incorporating a new product into my everyday runs and now I can't imagine running without it. At first, I wasn't sure what to do with RunGuard because I don't really experience a lot of chafing in areas, like underarms or thighs, that many other runners do. After considering how to use RunGuard for a while, it finally dawned on me that my arches experience a lot of abrasion during my long runs and actually feel quite raw afterwards. I've been applying RunGuard Sensitive to my arches before my runs ever since and I must admit that my arches have never felt better and haven't needed time to heal after my runs! Another thing that makes RunGuard great is that it contains added moisturizers and natural ingredients, and it's water-proof and sweat-proof. I'm super happy that I discovered this product especially with my hard core Dumbo training coming up. My feeties are going to need it! 

RunGuard Anti-chafe

Speaking of training, my schedule fell off the last two weeks with all of my traveling. I am also really sad that I haven't been able to fit any yoga in and I have definitely missed it.  The next several weeks should be more conducive to following my training plan and I need to get back on track!

Here is a look at the last week:

Monday: walked around Toronto a lot
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: ran 2.4 miles
Thursday: rest
Friday: hiked 6.1 miles
Saturday: hiked 4.1 miles
Sunday: rest

Total yoga this week: 0 times
Total mileage this week: 2.4 miles
Total mileage this year: 158.66 miles

Disclosure: I received a sample of RunGuard Sensitive from #RunChat and RunGuard. All opinions are my own. Read my full disclosure here

No comments:

Post a Comment