Jun 17, 2013

Week in Review (June 10 to 16, 2013) + Revenge Wears Prada Book Signing

It has been exhaustion central at the Stirling household. Traveling every weekend has taken a toll on me and Raisin Bread is not far behind as he is still in summer school. On Saturday, we spent the whole day in Pennsylvania on an antiquing mission. We also got to see both of his parents and my baby brother! It was quite a long and successful day. I'm serious when I say long. We woke up at 4:30 am and didn't get home until after midnight, although we did sneak in a short nap at his mom's house.

This week wasn't as successful on the training front as I had anticipated. I'm hoping to do better next week with my first double training weekend.

Monday: rest
Tuesday: ran 1.8 miles
Wednesday: ran 2.91 miles
Thursday: rest
Friday: rest
Saturday: rest
Sunday: ran 5 miles + Daily Burn: Strength Recovery Yoga (20 minutes)

Total yoga this week: 1 time
Total mileage this week: 9.71 miles
Total mileage this year: 168.37 miles
-----------------------------------------------------------
On Thursday evening, author Lauren Weisberger was on hand at the W Hotel's POV Rooftop to sign copies of her new novel, Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns, the follow-up to 2004's super successful The Devil Wears Prada: A Novel. This was Ms. Weisberger's only scheduled Washington, DC appearance.

Revenge Wears Prada Washington DC book signing

DC's weather decided to behave this evening, which allowed for views of Downtown DC like no other from the W Hotel's rooftop. Guests were treated to tunes from DJ Neekola, mini Georgetown Cupcakes, plus a little primping from the NARS Cosmetics lipstick bar. Bloomingdale's showcased some current fashion trends and attendees received hair styling from IPSA For Hair.

Revenge Wears Prada Washington DC book signing

Copies of the new novel were available for purchase, and guests were eager to meet the author and have their copies signed.

Lauren Weisberger Revenge Wears Prada

3 comments:

  1. It was good, I wasn't totally in love with it as the first though. I finished it quickly and had to find a new summer read, The Publicist by Christina George, fantastic. A great chick lit summer on the beach read! thepublicistnovel.com. I recommend taking a look, if you like the strong females characters in the "Prada" series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation! I hadn't heard of it before.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Irene --- I am a bit late to this comment string but I just spotted this and wanted to drop in. I wrote The Publicist and Shelf Life: The Publicist Book Two. If you'd like either or both, let me know! authorchristinageorge@gmail.com Thanks for a fun site!

    ReplyDelete