Apr 8, 2013

Week in Review (April 1 to 7, 2013)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I think spring may have finally arrived in DC. That makes me happy. The fact that I have three weeks left of graduate school makes me even more happy.

I finally got out of my post-vacation rut and put my workouts back into high gear.

Monday: 30 minutes at-home yoga
Tuesday: 4.3 mile run + 30 minutes at-home yoga
Wednesday: rest
Thursday: 3.28 mile run
Friday: rest
Saturday: rest
Sunday: Cherry Blossom 10 miler

On Friday after work, I went to the National Building Museum to pick up my race packet for the Cherry Blossom 10 miler (race recap will be up later this week). Raisin Bread agreed to meet up with me afterwards for happy hour at The Source. I have been dying to go here for a long time and I am glad that we were finally able to.

They have a great happy hour deal in their lounge, where you can get any three items from their izakaya menu for $22.

We ordered the pork belly bao buns, yaki udon, a negi-hama roll and king crab roll, shrimp dumplings and carrot cake. I thought all of the dishes were good but I'm not sure I think they are worth their non-happy hour prices.


On the way home, we came across this square with lots of magnolia blossoms. So pretty.


The rest of the weekend involved filing our taxes, me doing lots of research for my last school project and of course, a great run.

Have a great SPRING week!

The Source
575 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20565

No comments:

Post a Comment