Apr 2, 2013

Week in Review (March 25 to 31, 2013)

You may have noticed that I haven't done a weekly update in some weeks. I must confess that this is due mostly to the fact that I gave myself an extended rest that was entirely unintentional.

After the Princess Half Marathon (race recap will be up tomorrow), I sort of fell off the wagon. Now I'm kicking myself for it because in five days, I have to run my first 10 miler! Ugh, what did I do?

Graduate school is winding down for me, which means more time to do other things.

Saturday was the first beautiful day we have had in many many weeks. I think there has been one sunny day since we returned from Florida. That meant we had to spend some time outdoors this weekend. I really wanted to ride my bike to the National Mall but Raisin Bread's bike is no longer operational and he has not purchased a new one yet, so we had to take the Metro.

Where were we headed? The Kite Festival! This annual event is part of the Cherry Blossom Festival, but our weather has been so screwed up that there are no cherry blossoms yet, although a lot of tourists seemed to think the blooming magnolias were cherry blossoms and had no problem taking photos of them.




We stayed out for only a bit because we both had things to work on, taxes for me!

We tried out a new place for dinner: The Curious Grape in Shirlington. It was yummy! I had the Brussels sprout salad and half gnocchi and half penne.


On Sunday, we spent the majority of the day driving, waiting and having Easter brunch with family. For me, Easter doesn't have any meaning other than being a time when awesome chocolate candy is available that can't be found at other times of the year. I guess it has become a sort of Thanksgiving in the springtime now that I don't live in LA, as it seems that people here are very much into spending Easter with family.

We went to the Friendly Farm in the Maryland country. I don't know if it was because of the number of families having Easter brunch but the place seriously smelled like nursing home. Despite the smell, my fried chicken was still delish. The portion was a half chicken, which seems unnecessary.


 Have a great week!

The Curious Grape
2900 South Quincy Street
Arlington, VA 22206

Friendly Farm Restaurant
17434 Foreston Road
Upperco, MD 21155

No comments:

Post a Comment