Apr 18, 2013

{Product Review} CORE Foods Defender Meals

A few weeks ago, I received a box with word "PERISHABLE" printed on it in huge letters. Well, then. What was inside? CORE Foods' line of three Defender meals. 

I don't know about you, but when I see a food item, wrapped in packaging like this, I typically don't immediately think "perishable." So I was surprised to find that these bars are actually fresh and, because of that, only last up to one week on the go, one month refrigerated or six months frozen. 


Other important and interesting facts about CORE Defender Meals:
  • They are raw, organic and gluten free
  • Defender Meals are high fiber and vegan
  • They are meant to be used as meal replacements (CORE Foods describes them as "a bowl of raw oatmeal to go.")
  • Each meal contains only five to seven ingredients 
  • Each meal has 350 to 390 calories {More nutritional facts can be found here}
Finally an ingredient list I can read and understand:  


The packaging suggests the meal be consumed with two glasses of water, providing up to 4 hours of energy. My favorite of the three meals was the Raw Walnut Banana meal, which I had as a breakfast replacement one morning. I can attest to the fact that they do not taste like cardboard and they are surprisingly filling. I typically get hungry way before noon when I'm at work but that day, I wasn't close to being in tummy-growling state. 

I had another meal during class one night and the last one before one of my short runs. My least favorite meal was the Raw Cashew Cacao, which is weird because I thought I would love that one!


To learn more about CORE Foods, visit them online.

Disclosure: Due to my affliation with Fit Approach, I received three CORE Meal packs from CORE Foods for the purpose of this review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own. Read my full disclosure here

No comments:

Post a Comment