Apr 15, 2013

Week in Review (April 8 to 14, 2013)

Wasn't it winter two weeks ago? This week we had consecutive days over 90 degrees. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. On a positive note, the flowers are blooming!

Here are a few tulips in front of the Netherlands Carillon. 
 

And a cherry blossom tree I came upon during my Thursday run.


I've been having some knee and shin issues since the 10 miler last week, so I took it easy during the beginning of the week. I'm trying to decide if I should sign up for another half this year. There is one that I am looking at that takes places over Memorial Day weekend so I have to decide pretty soon!

Monday: rest
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: rest
Thursday: 2.02 mile run
Friday: rest
Saturday: 4.15 mile run
Sunday: 30 minute at-home yoga

This week and weekend weren't super eventful. School is winding down so I am just trying to finish.

We did have the chance to go to brunch at Green Pig Bistro on Saturday. I found the food this time around to be unspectacular. I much preferred having dinner there. I ordered the Angry Bird (chicken, waffles and gravy).


We also shared the banana bread, which was the best thing we ordered this meal. The butter was sprinkled with salt and made a huge difference. Yum!



Have a great week!

Green Pig Bistro
1025 North Fillmore Street
Arlington, VA 22201

No comments:

Post a Comment