Feb 10, 2014

An Outdoor Run + {Product Review} 2Toms BlisterShield

For the first time in a very, very long time, I got to run outside! Last weekend was absolutely gorgeous out and warm enough for this Californian to brave the elements. I knew it wasn't going to last long, so I took a break from my best friend, Mr. Tread Mill, and hit the pavement. 

I headed past the Netherlands Carillon


And across the Memorial Bridge.


I stopped to check out the frozen Potomac River.


I made my way past the Lincoln Memorial 


and the Washington Monument. The scaffolding is coming down, slowly but surely.


I ran down the National Mall. Here's the Smithsonian Castle.


I made it to the National Gallery of Art before turning around. I planned to complete between 6 and 9 miles on this run and wound up finishing 8.22 miles. It felt so good to be outside and enjoy the sights. My first race of 2014 is coming up quickly and getting outside was just what I needed to reassure myself that I am ready for it. 

I also used my outdoor run to test out a product I recently received. Medi-Dyne sent me a few samples of 2Toms BlisterShield. On runs, my left foot in particular has problems with chafing and blister formation, so I was interested to see how this product might help. 

I opened one of the sample packets I received and sprinkled half of the powder into each of my socks. 



Then I shook the socks around to spread out the powder. Putting the powder-lined socks on created a little bit of a mess, especially since my pants were black! I could definitely feel the difference of having the powder in my sock because it actually felt like more friction instead of less. That made me a bit worried. There was no reason to be though because I had no foot problems during or after my run!

I also thought that taking my socks off would create a mess but this also wasn't the case. There was no mess and the product washes right off in the shower. I will be using the second sample on my next long, outdoor run for sure!

Disclosure: I received two sample packets of 2Toms BlisterShield from Medi-Dyne. No compensation was received. All opinions are my own. Read my full disclosure here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment