Feb 18, 2014

{Product Review} Sunshine Burgers


Who else has been glued to the television over the last week? I love the Olympics and have been keeping up with snowboarding, downhill skiing and other events as much as I can. Having the long weekend and huge dump of snow have made it a bit easier than it otherwise would have been. 

Being stuck at home, catching the latest broadcast means having some quick and easy meals ready to make at home a necessity. Lucky for me, I had a huge supply of Sunshine Burgers arrive just in time for the Winter Olympics! 


Sunshine Burger is a line of vegan burgers made with non-genetically modified, organic ingredients. These burgers are a great source of plant-based protein and are gluten, wheat, soy, corn, oat, dairy, egg, peanut and tree nut free. 

Sunshine Burger sent me a selection of their most popular flavors, including Garden Herb, Loco Chipotle, Black Bean South West, Falafel, Shiitake Mushroom and Hemp & Sage Breakfast

For dinner one night, I decided to make some veggie burritos using the Sunshine Burger patties. 

Sunshine Burger Burrito
1 Garden Herb Sunshine Burger patty
1 Shiitake Mushroom Sunshine Burger patty
1 can of vegetarian refried beans
1 avocado
1 tomato
shredded Mexican blend cheese
4 flour tortillas

I thawed the patties and then crumbled them by hand before heating them through on the stove. Raisin Bread and I then built our own burritos with all of the accroutrements!


I have also been using the Sunshine Burgers to make quick and easy veggie burgers for lunch.

A Quick Lunchtime Burger
1 Sunshine Burger patty of your choice
1 burger bun
lettuce mix
cheese
avocado
chili (optional)

For the burger below, I used the Loco Chipotle patty, which is a quarter pound patty and has a ton of flavor and a great kick to it. I went all out with it and added some vegetarian chili to my burger.



I found both recipes super tasty. Raisin Bread, on the other hand, was not a fan of the texture of the meatless burgers. On the negative side, I found the patties to be pretty fragile. Just moving them from the microwave on to a bun caused the patties to crumble. Overall, though, I really love the taste of the patties that I have tried thus far, especially the Black Bean South West.

Find stores selling Sunshine Burgers near you here.

To learn more about Sunshine Burger, visit them:
Twitter@sunshineburger

Disclosure: Through my affiliation with Fit Approach, I received complimentary product from Sunshine Burger for the purpose of this review. No compensation was received. All opinions are my own. Read my full disclosure here

1 comment:

  1. Hi Irene, Tasha from Sunshine burger here: Thanks for giving Sunshine Burger a try. Here are some other healthy recipes using Sunshine Burger that you might enjoy! http://sunnyseedup.com/

    ReplyDelete