Dec 5, 2016

Pregnant with Twins - Week 19


Symptoms: Frequent nose bleeds, back pain, trouble sleeping, digestive issues.

Babies' size: Mango 

Appetite: Same as last week.


Workouts/weight gain: I didn't get a lot in this week due to traveling. Just yoga and walking, which I didn't keep track of because my FitBit died when I was out of town.  

Medical: No appointments/updates this week.

Happenings: We celebrated our last Thanksgiving as a family of two! On Thanksgiving Day, we went to volunteer at the homeless shelter, which was such a nice experience. So we wound up having Thanksgiving dinner on Black Friday instead.    



That weekend we also bought our new car. We decided to go with a Honda Pilot, which is huge compared to my previous RAV4. I love it so far though. Originally, we had planned on just getting a newer model RAV4, but after reading some more, we decided that with the two baby seats and the two doggies, we probably needed something a little larger. Having the optional third row of seating is also helpful for when visitors come to town and it will just give us extra cargo room for when it is just the four of us. 

We did some nursery planning. We have to switch hubby's office into the nursery, so we worked on figuring out where to put the furniture and things in that room.

I took one last trip to DC for the year. It might wind up being my last trip to DC for a while since I am not sure when my doctors are going to cut off my travel and I don't have a future trip planned at this time. I love seeing the Christmas decorations around DC but it was still rather early. I did get to see the Macy's window displays and the Norwegian Christmas tree at Union Station though!

Macy's Holiday Window

Norwegian Christmas Tree

Registry fun:
Hubby and I didn't have a traditional wedding and since we got married in our 30's, it didn't make sense to us to register for household items, so this is the first opportunity we have had to create store registries. It is kind of fun to set up a registry, if a little overwhelming. 

Another fun thing is getting free stuff! I went to Babies R Us and Target to pick up my registry welcome bags. Here is what I got.

Babies R Us Welcome Bag:
- Enfamil Newborn Infant Formula
- Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula
- Pampers diaper (1) and wipes (6) in a cute printed pouch
- MAM 5 oz baby bottle
- Mustela Stretch Mark Prevention cream and No rinse cleansing water samples
- Babies R Us magnetic photo frame
- $20 Shutterfly gift card
- $25 tinyprints gift card
- Bunch of $5 off $25 purchase at Babies R Us (3 of them are already expired) and other coupons


Target Welcome Bag:
- The Honest Co. diapers (2) and wipes (10)
- Philips Avent 5 oz. baby bottle
- babyganics laundry detergent sample
- Aquaphor Healing Ointment Baby sample
- Up and UP baby wipes (20 count)
- Boudreaux's Butt Paste sample
- Boogie wipes (1 count) 
- Munchkin Latch nursing pads (2)
- Lansinoh nursing pads (2) and breastmilk storage bags (2)
- Mustela Dermo-Cleansing sample
- NUK pacifier
- Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion sample
- Reusable tote bag
- Bunch of coupons


Target's Welcome Bag was much much better in my book! Tons more samples and things I can try out. I'm not planning to use disposable diapers or formula unless I have to, so Babies R Us was mostly filled with items that I probably won't be using.

No comments:

Post a Comment