Feb 26, 2015

Recent Happenings - February 26, 2015 Edition

This edition of Recent Happenings brings you lots of exciting and not-so-exciting developments on the home front!

Dog(s)
As you know, we brought our goldendoodle Gus home last August. He is now a big soon-to-be nine month old puppy. We decided to add a second dog to our family, but we wanted to adopt this time.

I steal socks. It's my thing.

We scoured the web for a few weeks, and finally, found this little guy in Santa Fe. Carson says hi! He is a miniature poodle mix and around 2 years old (according to the shelter) although I think he is more like a year old. 




Gus and Carson are totally adorable together but can play a little rough. In fact, they managed to pull my laptop off the dining room table, which completely destroyed my harddrive. This is why this week's post has been delayed. Thank goodness for Dropbox and Mozy! Saviors! Although it's going to be another 18 hours until my restore is completed!

But I still love them.

House
In addition to having a broken laptop, our water heater decided to crap out on us for the second time since we moved into our house in June.

We were without hot water for two days and finally got to take hot showers last night! Did I mention that we have also been experiencing below average temperatures this week? Cold shower + cold in general = really cold!

New water heater

Besides that, the money pit new house has not been undergoing much work as of late. It still needs a lot of work - master bathroom, living room and kitchen. Plus, miscellaneous items that haven't been completed. I think we will restart on our renovation projects come summertime.

DC
I found myself in DC for part of last week. 28 hours to be exact. Chinese New Year was celebrated last Thursday. Happy Year of the Sheep!


It was so cold while I was in town that I didn't do anything besides go to the office and then hide in my hotel. I hit up the treadmill, and then to get into the spirit of Chinese New Year, I ordered delivery and watched The Housewives of Beverly Hills in my pajamas! Woohoo! 


While I was in town, I also was able try a couple of cold-pressed juices from JRINK Juicery. I had the Pick Me Up (beet, carrot, orange and apple) for breakfast and the Fuel Me Up (pear, kale, cucumber, romaine and lemon) for an afternoon snack. They were both yum!


Running
Running has taken a little bit of a back burner of late due to some ongoing medical challenges. A few weeks ago, I went on a registration kick and signed up for some spring races. I am glad that I stopped because I'm not sure that I will be able to train or run much. I was planning to register for a fall half marathon, but I'm not sure if that is going to happen.

Of the ones that I did sign up for, hopefully, I will at least be able to walk them. For now, I am going to try to kick up my yoga consistency instead.

Happy Thursday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment