Feb 6, 2015

Ski Vacation in Pagosa Springs (Colorado)

Skiing was not the only thing to happen on our trip to Colorado!

We rented a three-bedroom house in Pagosa Springs for the duration of our trip. At its height, the house was occupied by six people and two dogs. It was a zoo, but a fun one! The house had gorgeous views of the San Juan Mountains from the kitchen window and backyard.


After a full day of skiing, there was nothing more pleasant than returning to the house and hopping into the hot tub! Definitely something I could get used to!



I, of course, took advantage of the hot tub multiple times. The last time with a nice cold beer!



The remainder of our evenings were typically spent enjoying a home-cooked meal. We took turns cooking for the group. I made tacos with my sister-in-law, Raisin Bread and our friend made this wonderful linguine with shrimp and veggies, and, finally, another sets of friends made chili with corn bread! They were all such delicious and hearty meals. It pays to have friends who can cook! Yum.


After dinner, we often built a fire in the fireplace and played games. Both of the games we played were new to me. One was called Legendary, which features Marvel characters, and the other Dixit.


Setting up the Legendary board

On one of my off days from skiing, I paid a visit to the spa! One of my Christmas presents from Raisin Bread was a gift certificate to All About You Day Spa, a local Pagosa business. I was able to get the full head to toe treatment. I started off with a 60 minute Swedish massage, followed by a body brushing and sugar scrub. Afterwards I hit the shower and had a 50 minute European facial. Finally, I ended my day of pampering with a pedicure. Thanks, honey!


Although we did not have time to really explore the town of Pagosa Springs, we did sample some of the restaurants. After my spa day, Raisin Bread and one of our ski friends picked me up and we had lunch at Kip's Grill and Cantina. I was pleasantly surprised by how similar southern Colorado and New Mexican cuisines are. Green chiles everywhere!


I opted for the fish tacos and added avocado on for good measure. It sure hit the spot.


This was our first time taking Gus with us on vacation and he wasn't as much of a handful as I would have expected for an 8 month old goldendoodle puppy. He was mostly his usual self. 

He absolutely loved playing in the snow! It was so fun watching him leap around the snow, some of which went up to his belly and bury his head in the snow too. He is such a goofball!



No comments:

Post a Comment