Dec 3, 2014

Holiday Gift Guide 2014: For the Runner

People always say that running is a good activity to get into because all you need is a pair of running shoes. Wrong! I have drawers full of running gear to prove this point wrong. Here are a few suggestions for presents to give to the runner in your life this year!

1. Headlamp
With the daylight hours getting shorter and shorter each week, running either in the early morning or evening when it is already dark outside is the only option for many of us during the winter season. Make sure your runner can be seen by purchasing them a headlamp.


Petzl Tikkina Headlamp, from $16.98, available on Amazon.com

2. Running Socks
When I first started out with running, I had no idea there were so many options for socks. I found Balega Hidden Comfort Running Socks to be a must-wear on runs 10 miles and over and a definite must on race days. The seamless toes make all the difference in the world!



Balega Hidden Comfort Running Socks, from $11.99, available on RoadRunnerSports.com

3. Yurbuds
I had major issues with my earbuds falling out while running when I used my everyday earbuds. Then I discovered Yurbuds, which has a line of sport earphones designed especially for women. We do have smaller ears afterall. They also feature "TwistLock" technology that prevents the earbuds from falling out. Voila, problem solved!


Yurbuds Inspire 300 Earbuds, $39.95, available on REI.com

4. Massage
Right before I run a race, I think that I'm going to need a massage. Right after I run a race, I want a massage. After weeks of training and then finally completing a race, nothing makes your muscles feel better than a long, relaxing massage. I myself prefer Swedish massages, but some runners swear by sports massages. Either way, I am sure your runner will appreciate a gift certificate for a massage of their choosing.

5. Race Entry Fee
Being an active racer can put a serious dent in your wallet. runDisney races, in particular, are out-of-control expensive. Why not gift your runner an entry fee to one of your local races or if you can swing it, entry to an iconic race.

No comments:

Post a Comment