Dec 30, 2014

Christmas 2014

Merry belated Christmas! And for those who do not celebrate Christmas, happy belated holidays!

This year we decided to keep things low-key. This year has been crazy and we did not want to travel over the holiday, so Raisin Bread, Gus and I celebrated just as a little family. It was nice to have a relaxing holiday, but I also missed spending time with our families. 

Since Gus is still little, we decided to forgo a new tree this year and used our tiny apartment-sized tree for one last year. 


Christmas Eve

I ordered live Maine lobsters that arrived via next day air for our Christmas Eve dinner. As soon as I opened the box, I came to the realization that I have never prepared live lobsters before. A few quick Google searches and I was on my way.




I decided to go with steamed lobster and they came out perfectly tender. Yum! Lobster dinner is not complete without corn on the cob, in my opinion.



I also ordered some clam chowder, which I just had to heat up and serve.



For dessert, I used some leftover Harry and David pears to make a pear pie. This is probably the best pie I have ever made! Cinnamon-y and sweet, but not too sweet.



Christmas Day

Christmas Day started off with a breakfast of banana fosters pancakes and bacon. Yummy x 2!



Then it was time for presents! Gus was spoiled by us and our other family members and received so many nice gifts! I got many nice gifts as well including a lot of ski equipment, household items and a day at the spa! Thanks, husband and family!


I went all out for Christmas dinner as well with pistachio-crusted rack of lamb, rapini and cranberry sauce. The rack of lamb was my masterpiece of the meal.


After dinner, we headed over to see some Christmas lights. We didn't get to do many Christmas-y activities this year in Albuquerque, like the River of Lights or the Luminaria Tour, but I hope we can next year.


When we arrived home, it was time for dessert. I made Raisin Bread's number 1 favorite pie: coconut custard pie. I am not a fan of coconut so this pie was all for him.


Boxing Day

Although we didn't have a white Christmas, we had a white Boxing Day. This was the first real snow we have had since moving to Albuquerque, and it was Gus's first experience with snow. He absolutely loved it.



I'm sad Christmas is over, but I am looking forward to a fantastic new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment