Sep 22, 2014

Wine and Dine Half Marathon 2014 - Weeks 3 and 4 Training Recap


It has been another crazy two weeks! As I described last time, we are currently in the middle of remodeling our guest bathroom. It still needs a few finishing touches, so I am not going to share the pictures of the room just yet! 

The in-laws returned home on Monday, and Gus immediately got sick. He went to the vet and got some tests and it turned out to be nothing major. (Thank goodness!) Speaking of Gus, he is going to be going in for his last round of shots this week. I am so excited to be able to take him out soon! He is on my last nerve, but because he is so cute, I can't stay mad at him. 

While he was sick, Gus was on a diet of boiled chicken and rice with pumpkin. He ate so messily that when he was done eating, his face was orange from the pumpkin! He is so silly.


With all of the activity going on, I haven't been keeping up with my training runs. I decided to sign up for the Central New Mexico Race for the Cure 10K four days before the race because I had a 6 miler on the calendar and figured this would probably be the only way I would actually get it done.  

September 8 to 14, 2014
Monday: rest
Tuesday: 2.34 miles
Wednesday: rest
Thursday: weed backyard
Friday: weed backyard
Saturday: weed backyard
Sunday: rest

Total mileage: 2.34 miles 

September 15 to 21, 2014
Monday: rest
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: rest
Thursday: 1.6 miles
Friday: rest
Saturday: rest
Sunday: Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 10K (recap later this week)

Total mileage: 7.8 miles 

No comments:

Post a Comment