Aug 26, 2013

Weeks in Review (August 5 to 25, 2013) + {Product Review} FrogFuel Protein Shot

How I feel after vacation
Image source: Free-picture.net

The Weeks in Review have completely disappeared this month, I know. Since school ended, I have been very unmotivated in general and with training in particular. That didn't stop me from running my third 10K last weekend though. 

August 5 to 11, 2013
Monday: rest
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: rest
Thursday: ran 1.62 miles
Friday: rest
SaturdayMetabolic Maximizer + 30 second plank
Sunday: hiked/walked 3 miles

Total mileage this week: 4.62 miles

August 12 to 18, 2013
Monday to Saturday: rest
Sunday: Run Wild 10K 

Total mileage this week: 6.2 miles

August 19 to 25, 2013
Monday: rest
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: ran 1.96 miles
Thursday: rest
Friday: rest
Saturday: walked 4 miles
Sunday: ran 4.02 miles

Total yoga this week: 0 times
Total mileage this week: 9.98 miles
Total mileage this year: 241.05 miles

Since I have a half marathon on the schedule every month until the end of the year, I won't have any choice but to keep myself on track! 

Before I go today, I wanted to finally give my review of FrogFuel. As you may remember, I hosted a giveaway last month. That post has some of the specs on the product, so I'm not going to rehash that information here. 

I was supposed to receive some samples to review, but there was some kind of issue so it took me quite a long time to receive the product, which is why this review is just going up now. 


I tried FrogFuel both before and after runs. If you are like me and regularly use GU or a similar product for mid-run fueling, the first difference you will notice between those products and FrogFuel is the consistency. FrogFuel is liquidy instead of gooey. This makes it easy to take before or after a run because no slurping is required. The second thing I noticed was the taste. The flavor is supposed to be "berry," but it tastes very artificial, medicinal rather than fruity. In fact, I couldn't really swallow the protein shot on its own and had to take a sip of water with it to dilate the flavor. So while the consistency would make FrogFuel ideal to take without water mid-run, the taste would not make this possible for me.

What's my take: I can't get past the taste. Although I really like the consistency and ease of use, the flavor was not my favorite. If FrogFuel comes out with more flavors, I might try it again.

Disclosure: I received three FrogFuel protein shots for the purpose of this review. No compensation was received. All opinions are my own. Read my full disclosure here

No comments:

Post a Comment