Aug 13, 2013

{Product Review} Le Tote - Totes #3 and #4

I'm currently on my fifth Le Tote. From this, you can probably assume that I have been relatively happy with the service so far, and I have been overall.

Le Tote #3 

1) Black top with ruffles and faux leather strap in back


2) Purple pleated tank

3) Orange and white print dress


4) Purple earrings, 5) white and gold bangle, 6) thin gold bangle


7) Black statement necklace


As you can tell, this tote contained more than five items, as promised by my stylist to make up for the broken piece I received in Le Tote #2.

I wore the gold bangles throughout the week with different outfits. I wound up wearing the purple top two times, once to work with the purple earrings and once to a festival on the 4th of July. I decided to pair this casual outfit with the statement necklace to make it more interesting and also because I needed to send back my items and didn't have anything else to wear the necklace to. 


I wore the black top to work, together with some old pieces. I actually really liked the fit of this top even though I initially thought it was quite boring. I was thinking about keeping the top but the "leather" strap in the back wouldn't stay closed throughout the day. 


I threw on the graphic dress for dinner one night with my hubby. I wasn't too happy with the shape of the dress and I didn't have an appropriate belt to cinch the waist with, so it was worn for all of 45 minutes. 

I wrote a long-ish email to my stylist after this box. Almost every piece I have gotten so far were flowy and waistless. I asked to receive more interesting shapes and cuts.

Le Tote #4

The items in this tote were completely different from the flowy, shapeless pieces I have normally received in previous totes. They were different cuts and different materials. 

1) Blue and pink dress with pink belt

2) Red pleather dress


3) Blue hummingbird top


4) Red dangle earrings and 5) Blue and gold chain necklace


The weather this week was scorching (in the high 90s and 100s) every single day, so I am quite sure I would have looked absolutely ridiculous wearing a pleather dress out. I thought it was quite odd that this piece was sent to me. Doesn't say summer at all! I did take a selfie of me in it though. 


I thought the blue dress and necklace were amazing together. So sweet and very girly. Honestly, it was a little too girly for me, but I didn't mind putting on some super girlish clothes for the day.


I really loved the hummingbird shirt. I wore it twice and also was pondering purchasing it. Unfortunately, it was a tad snug so I wound up sending it back. I paired the shirt with the earrings since I wasn't able to wear them with the dress. 

I don't think I'm going to cancel my subscription anytime soon. I love not having to think about what to wear after I receive a new tote and I love that it still serves its purpose of mixing up my wardrobe with new pieces. 

If you missed my first review of Le Tote, check it out here

2 comments:

  1. Love your reviews!!
    Check out my first tote review:
    http://sfashion903.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Serena! I need to catch up on my Le Tote reviews. I should have a new one up in the next week or two!

      Delete