Jul 29, 2013

Week in Review (July 22 to 28, 2013) + Color Me Rad 5K Discount

We finally had a week of nice weather here in DC, with only one day hitting the 90 degree mark. Hey, I'll take what I can get. This gave me a chance to run outdoors three times this week. While it was still hot, it wasn't unbearable. Still not getting the numbers I need. Hopefully, this week will bring some better mileage!

Monday: Ran 2.43 miles
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: rest
Thursday: Ran 2.02 miles
Friday: Mostly walked/ran 5.62 miles
Saturday: Pilates Reformer class (50 minutes)
Sunday: Pilates Reformer class (50 minutes)

Total yoga this week: 0 times
Total mileage this week: 10.07 miles
Total mileage this year: 212.21 miles



Finally, I wanted to tell you about a fun event I will be participating in. Themed runs seem to be all the rage recently, but I've never done one before! All of my runs have been simply running, no zombies, color or glow-in-dark. The Color Me Rad 5K will be my first themed run, and I can't wait to be bombarded by a rainbow of non-toxic colored corn-starch.

If you're like me and have yet to do a color run, here's what to expect. As you run your 5K, you will approach different color stations where volunteers will throw colored powder at you. With each new color station, a new color is added to your clean, white clothing, face and body so that by the end of the 5K, you look like a tie-dyed extravaganza! Sounds fun, right?

Well, the fine folks at Color Me Rad are offering a discount for a limited time only. From today, July 29th until Wednesday, July 31st, you can get 20% off your race registration by using the discount code: radfun. The code is applicable to any price and any race location. There are races all across the US and Canada, and their race calendar currently extends out to June 2014. So there is likely to be a race near you!

To find the race nearest you, visit ColorMeRad.com

Question: Have you ever done a themed-run?

Disclosure: I received complimentary race registration for Color Me Rad through Blogportunity and Fit Approach. All opinions are my own. Read my full disclosure here

No comments:

Post a Comment