Jul 22, 2013

Weeks in Review (July 8 to 21, 2013) + Birthday Recap

It's been another two weeks of busy-ness! I celebrated my 33rd birthday and my little brother and his fiancee came to visit for the weekend. Lots of distraction from half marathon training so AGAIN, I didn't put in the miles that I needed to over the last two weeks.

My birthday brought lots of fun times courtesy of my lovely husband. We saw Camera Obscura and She & Him at Wolf Trap on the Thursday before my birthday. It was my first time seeing a show at this venue and it is amazing! Such a great setting, and both bands played great sets.

Camera Obscura at Wolf Trap
She & Him at Wolf Trap

On Friday, Raisin Bread planned a surprise evening for us. After work, we went to Urbana for happy hour oysters and dinner. I ordered the roasted brussels sprouts and the tagliatelle with sea urchin butter, mussels and leeks.

Oysters and dinner at Urbana

Then it was off to the big surprise! The Book of Mormon at the Kennedy Center. I have been dying to see this musical and it was impossible to get tickets on the day they went on sale. It was a fun, ridiculous and hilarious show and a wonderful night! 



On my birthday, Raisin Bread had another surprise in store. One of my favorite dinners ever: King crab legs and corn on the cob. Followed by a fruit tart. So yummy!


I had a fantastic birthday! Earlier this week, I visited Gettysburg and hung out with my brother and future sister-in-law this weekend, as I mentioned. More on both of those later.

My workouts these past weeks:

July 8 to 14, 2013
Monday - Ran 1.98 miles
Tuesday - Pilates Chair - 45 minutes
Wednesday - Rest
Thursday - Rest
Friday - Rest
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - The Biggest Loser 10K - 5.6 miles (recap here)

Total yoga this week: 0 times
Total mileage this week: 7.58 miles

July 15 to 21, 2013
Monday - Daily Burn - Yoga Hip Flow (1 hour)
Tuesday - Daily Burn - Cardio Sculpt (30 minutes) + ran 2.9 miles
Wednesday - Pilates Reformer/Jumpboard - 50 minutes
Thursday - Rest
Friday - Ran 2.6 miles
Saturday - lots of walking around DC
Sunday - lots of walking around DC

Total yoga this week: 1 times
Total mileage this week: 5.5 miles
Total mileage this year: 202.14 miles

Happy Monday!

Urbana
2121 P Street, NW
Washington, DC 20037

No comments:

Post a Comment