Nov 14, 2012

Farewell, Cape May

For the past three years, I have been attending Raisin Bread's annual family trip to the Jersey shore. This year marked what will likely be their last trip, so we made an extra effort to go this year even though it was only for one day.

First, we celebrated a wedding in the Poconos. The next morning, we had breakfast at the piggy-est restaurant ever: Hickory Valley Restaurant in Swiftwater, PA. Everything was pork-tastic and there was quite a collection of pig paraphernalia.



Then we went to pick up my brother from Philly and finished the drive to the shore. The shore season had ended by this point in September so it was much less crowded than other years when we had gone in August, but still as beautiful and tranquil as ever. 


We saw some old favorites, like Congress Hall, and some new sights as well, like the sunken ship.


I will miss you, Cape May but I am glad I got to spend time there with my husband, his family and my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment