Apr 26, 2010

The Fresh Diet: Days 3 and 4 - I weighed myself

Day 3 was supposed to be my final day on The Fresh Diet, but that night, I had already planned on meeting up with a friend for dinner and to pick up her house keys. She agreed to let me stay with her for the month of May so I could move out of my apartment. Thanks, friend!

Life sometimes gets in the way of diets, but what are you supposed to do? And what are you supposed to do when you go on vacation? I still haven't gotten used to how small the portions are, but it's common sense that if you eat smaller portions, you're going to lose weight.

8:30 a.m. - I don't know if it was just me, but my french toast wasn't Hawaiian pineapple stuffed. It was only whole wheat with three slice of strawberry on top. I also didn't feel like I could microwave the french toast because of the strawberries on top. Who wants hot strawberries? This meal was okay. Definitely not my favorite.

Breakfast - Hawaiian pineapple stuffed whole wheat French toast with strawberries and blueberry cottage cheese

10 a.m. - Not gonna lie. My heart kind of sank when I looked at this snack. Look at it! It's teeny tiny. It was pretty yummy though. I loved that the glaze wasn't very visible or overwhelming but definitely present.

Snack 1 - Chicken skewer with tequila lime glaze

12:30 p.m. - I loved this salad. The shrimp pieces was sliced in half to give the illusion that there was an abundance but really there wasn't. Everything about this oozed freshness, from the yellow tomatoes to the light citrus dressing. Again, it was small but the taste was great.

Lunch - Lemon pepper grilled shrimp salad with yellow tomato, cucumber,
alfalfa sprouts, baby lettuce and citrus dressing

3:30 p.m. -  This was by far my least favorite snack and the oddest combination of ingredients ever. There wasn't much about it that appealed to me although I must have been intrigued when I picked it from the menu. It was kind of a mess. There was salty ham, peppery arugula, sweet honeydew and crunchy pine nuts. I thought it was just too confusing.

Snack 2- Grilled Canadian bacon over baby arugula with fresh honeydew and toasted pine nuts

I weighed myself the next morning and found that I had lost 3.2 pounds in the last week! I'm sure a great deal of that had to do with the diet and I'm also pretty sure that I probably gained it all back over the weekend. 

I finished off the last of my Fresh Diet for lunch the next day since I had to skip out on dinner. Again, I love picking the baby food. The spaghetti squash in basil pesto was more of a mash that anything. The meatballs weren't dry at all and the green beans added a good contrast in flavor.

Dinner - Lean turkey meatballs with fresh marinara sauce
with spaghetti squash in fresh basil pesto and haricot vert

Now that I am done with my test run of The Fresh Diet, would I do it again? I most certainly would if I could afford it. For a person who cooks meals only for herself, I find it very difficult to make a variety of things to eat. I usually make huge vats of dishes on the weekend and try to eat them during the week. Three meals later and I'm sick of eating it. If I did buy a variety of food, I just wouldn't be able to eat all of it on my own. The Fresh Diet always you to have a huge variety of fresh fruits and vegetables for every meal. The meals are healthy, low calorie, portioned, and most surprising to me, great tasting. The cost is just too prohibitive for me.  How can someone pay $350 for one week of this? I know I can't!

No comments:

Post a Comment