Apr 19, 2010

The Fresh Diet: Day 1 - I'm Hungry

A few months ago, Groupon had a promotion for The Fresh Diet . One day of fresh delivered meals (three meals plus two snacks) for $29. Normally, this program costs $350 for 7 days, so this was quite a discount. I decided to purchase three days worth of meals to try it out.

6:15 a.m. - I woke up to go to the bathroom, and while I was up, checked to see if my container had arrived. It had indeed and it was a cutie, if a little dirty.


In the front pocket was a menu of the day's selections and inside were two ice packs and all of my food. Prior to delivery, you are able to pick out what meals you want to have. I think there are around three choices for entrees and many choices for snacks. Since it is Meatless Monday, I chose only vegetarian options. For women, the meals wind up being 1200-1400 calories per day and for men 1500-1600.


8:30 a.m. - For breakfast, I had a fruit salad with yogurt. The only thing I didn't like about the salad was the apples. I don't like apples. The salad was a lot larger than I was expecting it to be, but once I threw away most of the apples, it become significantly less substantial.

Breakfast - Fresh fruit salad with apple, blueberry, kiwi, papaya, watermelon and apricot yogurt

10:30 a.m. - I'm hungry. Time for my mid-morning snack, which consisted of two slices of tomato, some goat cheese crumbles and some sad looking pieces of basil. Hmmm...don't think I'm going to last until 1 p.m. However, the snack was quite yummy and fresh tasting.

Snack 1 - Red and yellow tomato with goat cheese and fresh basil

12:30 p.m. - After making a quick trip to CVS to buy toothpaste, I eat my lunch in my office as usual. I also buy myself a Coke Zero because I'm deathly afraid of being hungry again two hours from now. My Santa Fe wrap was delicious and had lots of stuff I thought I wouldn't be able to eat like cheese.

Lunch - Santa Fe style wrap with pepper-jack cheese, tomato, avocado, corn, black beans and baby lettuce

3 p.m. - I'm hungry. I lasted 2 and a half hours this time! My menu says that I'm having chocolate covered strawberries. Why is there only one? Oh dear, I am going to be hungry again.

Snack 2 - Chocolate dipped strawberries with creamy vanilla ricotta cheese

5:30 p.m. - I am starving as I'm leaving work, starving as I'm shopping at Office Depot and starving when I get home. I cheat and eat one almond and three pieces of rotelli pasta that I had in my fridge. Must...wait...until at least 7 p.m. for dinner.

7 p.m. - Okay, it's 7! I can eat now. This is the first meal I've had to heat up today, which was also convenient. For dinner, you get a choice of entree and also a choice of two sides. The chickpea patty was actually really tasty especially with the chillies. I really did not enjoy the cauliflower mash at all. It was a whole lot of tasteless. The rest of the meal I would eat again in the future if given the opportunity.

Dinner - Spicy chickpea patty with cilantro lime and green chilies, with curried cauliflower mash and grilled asparagus

The verdict for today is I'm hungry. Actually, I'm not right now, which surprises me since it has been two and a half hours since I had dinner. I'm hoping to space my snacks out more tomorrow and be less hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment