Apr 20, 2010

The Fresh Diet: Day 2 - This food is small

Today's portions seemed very small to me, but that didn't mean I was hungry all day like yesterday.

9 a.m. - I got stuck in traffic because the president was going to the airport and was a hour late for work this morning, so I had breakfast later than usual. My meal wasn't very pretty looking. The bananas looked sort of grey, but it was alright and it was filling. I didn't even eat a mid-morning snack.

Breakfast - Ricotta cheese crepes with caramelized bananas and chocolate sauce

12:30 p.m. -  Lunch looked good except for when I opened the container, the greens looked pretty sad and wilty. The taste was fine in the beginning and then became more and more fishy as I ate. It was alright though and it was definitely filling.

Lunch - Tuna burger on a whole wheat bun with cucumber and avocado salsa

3 p.m. - I wasn't exactly hungry at this point but felt like I should have an afternoon snack. The mousse was very tasty but since the crostini had been refrigerated, it was a bit soggy. Normally, when I eat something like this, I can have six of them easily. I guess it is all about eating until you are no longer hungry.

Snack 1- Smoked salmon mousse on whole wheat crostini

4:30 p.m. - I was kind of scared of eating this after having had cauliflower mash with dinner last night. However, in combination with the artichoke, this snack had enough flavor. I saved this snack until the very end of my work day because I was afraid of being hungry until dinner rolled around.

Snack 2 - Artichoke bottom filled with creamy cauliflower

7 p.m. -  I jostled my dinner when I was taking it out of the container so it didn't look very pretty. I seemed to have ordered another meal with baby food, but I didn't mind the carrot and rutabaga mash at all. I absolutely love beets and could eat them everyday. The pork was so small. I was sad when I saw how small it was, but it had a good flavor and wasn't chewy. Mango salsa makes things yummy too.

Dinner - Roasted pork loin with pineapple mango chutney with carrot and rutabaga mash and honey glazed beets

The toughest part about today was that I thought a lot about eating other things. I will admit that the thought of stopping by McDonald's did cross my mind on my way home from work. Temptation and discipline are the enemy of weight loss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment