Jun 6, 2017

6 Year Anniversary Weekend

This weekend marked our sixth wedding anniversary. Husband and I were able to spend some quality time together while the grandparents (his mom and stepdad) watched the little nuggets.

On Friday night, we attended the First Friday ARTScrawl, which is citywide. We started in Old Town visiting several galleries and then ended in Downtown for more galleries and then dinner.






For dinner, husband treated me to dinner at a new to us French bistro called Le Troquet. It has great bistro-like ambiance and even had a live guitar player that evening.

To start, we shared a salad with butter lettuce, tomato, red and golden beets, hearts of palm and balsamic vinaigrette. We also split a cheese plate, which I evidently forgot to take a photo of.


For my entree, I had lamb chops with veggies. Yum!


Hubby had the cod. We were stuffed by then and skipped dessert.


For dinner on Saturday, I treated husband to Los Poblanos, our favorite place in town. Los Poblanos is an organic farm and inn that has an amazing restaurant on the premises.




It's almost lavender harvest time!



For our starter, we split the "Field Plate" with greens, seasame seeds, leeks, pecans, currants and quail eggs.


I had the duck with beets, greens and potatoes as my main course.


Husband had the ribeye with mushrooms and potatoes.


We did not skip dessert this time. I had the honey cake and husband had the butter pecan layer cake.



As usual, everything was amazing! It does not feel like six years already, but I am looking forward to the next 60 years with my beloved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment