Mar 22, 2017

Pregnant with Twins - Weeks 31 and 32


This post is long overdue because I became a mother about four weeks before we were expecting! Unbeknownst to me at the time, the photo above was to be my last pregnancy bump shot!

Babies' size: cabbages (week 31)

Happenings: I learned about a parents of multiples group here in town and joined them for their monthly general meeting. There was a short yoga session and I stayed a little afterwards to chat with some of the moms. It was a fun evening!

Medical: During week 31, I had another appointment with the perinatalogist and everything seemed to be fine. They said I no longer needed to be checked for pre-term labor because at this point, the babies were far enough along that they would have a high survival rate even if I went into pre-term labor and that they would not try to stop them from coming. I did have another ultrasound to look at the babies, and they looked great!

On Friday, I was not feeling well, so I called my OB's office after work and told them I was having gastric pain on my right side. This is one of the pre-eclampsia symptoms that they told me to watch out for. The nurse advised me to go to OB triage to get checked out just in case.

Hubby and I headed over to the hospital where I would be monitored. Hubby drew a picture of me while we were there! Hah!

The twins got checked out for a short time, and they looked fine. It was me who was having problems. My blood pressure was way too high. They eventually admitted me overnight and said I would have to be monitored for at least 24 hours. I was pretty uncomfortable. The babies were moving a lot, and I am not of fan of being in the hospital.


I was put on a liquid diet. I learned later that this was in case they had to deliver the babies. Hubby headed home late that night and I tried to get some sleep, which is almost impossible in the hospital with my monitors continuously going off and random people entering my room every 2 to 4 hours to check my vitals, draw blood or check on me.


The next morning was day one of my 32nd week of pregnancy and things took a turn. Stay tuned for the twins' birth story.

Until then, here is a look back at all of my baby bump pictures!


4 comments:

  1. Quickly this site will indisputably be famous among all blogging people, because of its fastidious articles or reviews.go to website

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s amazing in support of me to truly have a blog site, which will be valuable meant for my knowledge. Thanks admin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waooow!! Nice blog, this will be greatly helpful.

    ReplyDelete