Jan 23, 2017

Pregnant with Twins - Week 26



This week was super eventful! Mostly because I learned what it is like to do a half marathon while pregnant with twins. Let's just say that it is as hard as it sounds! Stay tuned for a full report on my half marathon experience.

The twins are getting huge! There are two heads of lettuce in my belly! 


Symptoms: I have officially entered cankle territory! My ankles are so swollen at night and feel very uncomfortable. I feel like I have to pee all of the time during the night, so that makes me get out of bed several times and is not helping with my sleep. Other symptoms: bloody noses, thirsty all of the time, trouble finding a comfortable sleep position.

Hello, cankles!

Babies' size: Heads of lettuce

Appetite: My appetite has been increasing over the last week, meaning I am eating very often. I was craving chocolate this week, so I may or may not have made a chocolate pudding pie with Oreo crust for myself. Teeheehee.....

Workouts/weight gain: I walked almost 15 miles this week, including the 13.1 from the half marathon. Weight gain is up to 21.8 pounds.

Medical: The last of my monthly OB visits was this week. I will now be seeing my OB every other week for the next few weeks and then every week until the babies arrive. My OB visit was fairly quick. We took a peek at the babies and they are getting much bigger and moving around a lot.  

Happenings: As I mentioned, I did a half marathon while 26 weeks pregnant and also traveled to Orange County, California to do it. As far as I am concerned, that was my last trip out of town until the babies arrive!

Countdown to the baby shower has begun! We will be celebrating the babies's arrival this Saturday with friends and family! This is the current situation in my living room. Amazon boxes everywhere! I must say that our friends and family are insanely generous and are showing so much love to our babies already. 


I have been doing some prep from the baby shower as well like putting together some decorations, wrapping presents and organizing the house and nursery for the big event. I still need to figure out what I am going to wear. 


What I'm Looking Forward to: Other than the baby shower, I am looking forward to getting more organized with all of our baby stuff. I am also actually looking forward to my bi-weekly OB appointments too even though it is going to take more of my time. I like the extra care and monitoring because I am an anxious person by nature and the monthly appointments always seemed so spread out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment