Jan 9, 2017

Pregnant with Twins - Week 24


The kiddos are getting big! I can pretty much feel them moving around all throughout the day now, which is both cool and reassuring! 

Symptoms: Trouble sleeping, including waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to fall back asleep immediately, back pain, frequent urination, constipation.

Babies' size: Ears of corn

Appetite: Still craving sweets!! 

Workouts/weight gain: Walked 10 miles. Not sure about weight gain.

Medical: I had a regular dental appointment this week. Did you know that half of all pregnant women have dental issues that appear during pregnancy but should go away once the baby is born? Well, I'm one of those women. I apparently have developed some gum issues, but the dentist doesn't want to do anything while I am pregnant and is hoping I will be back to normal at my next six month visit. Yikes! 

I also had my glucose test this week. The test is to see if you are at risk for gestational diabetes and involves going to the office, drinking a bottle of glucose water within five minutes, then waiting for one hour before your blood is drawn. I felt slightly ill after drinking the drink and felt off the rest of the day. I still have not received my test results, so here is to hoping I passed. If you don't pass the test, you have to go back and take another test that requires fasting and is a three hour test instead of a one hour test. 

Happenings: We have cribs! Well, we bought the cribs a while ago but we finally got all of the furniture moved out of what used to be hubby's office. We also cleaned the whole room and hubby built the cribs this week! Woohoo! 

My favorite thing to do now is walk past the room and imagine my two little boys sleeping in their cribs. *Heart*


What I'm Looking Forward to: Seeing the kiddos again. We have an appointment with the MFM next week and I am excited to see how big they have gotten. 

1 comment: