Jan 19, 2016

What it's like to stay in one of the Hotel Palomar DC's Motion Spa Rooms

Kimpton Hotels is one of my favorite hotel brands. I love the boutique-feel of their properties. Plus, the hotels' public spaces are uniquely decorated with each property having a different look, and the rooms are hip and functional.



On a recent trip to Washington, DC, I stayed at the Hotel Palomar in Dupont Circle. Upon check-in, I was upgraded to one of the hotel's Motion Spa Rooms.



This was my first time staying at The Palomar as well as in a Motion Spa Room. The first thing I noticed, besides the fluffy king-sized bed, was how spacious the room was. At 500 square feet, the room is about the size of my living and dining rooms back home.

There is plenty of space to spread out at the work desk or in one of two seating areas.



The room had a huge flat screen television and DVD player, lots of drawer space and a fully-stocked mini-bar.



Several of Kimpton's well-known amenities were located in the huge double door closet, including a pair of animal-print robes and a yoga mat.



Each Motion Spa Room is equipped with a piece of workout equipment. I was expecting to find the equipment pushed into a corner of my room, so I was surprised to find that the elliptical machine had its own separate, dedicated room. The room even had its own wall-mounted television.

The elliptical was perfect for a late night workout session.


The other primary feature of the Motion Spa Room is the oversized soaking tub located in the spacious bathroom.


The bathroom was also stocked with Etro bath amenities, including shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soap and lotion.



In addition to the soaking tub, there is a separate shower shower.


Since I was only staying for one night, I did not have the opportunity to enjoy the soaking tub, but it certainly looked inviting. 



The Hotel Palomar DC's Motion Spa Rooms are ideal for the traveler who wants access to health and wellness from the comfort and privacy of their own room. It was perfect for my stay and I hope to spend some more nights in this category of rooms.

Hotel Palomar DC
 2121 P Street, NW
Washington, DC 20037

1 comment:

  1. Their manager rocks! Thanks to their great team, I'm so happy I choose these event venues for my event! I had a great time here and think the atmosphere is as good as it gets. I will be astonished if I ever find a negative review on these guys.

    ReplyDelete