Apr 8, 2015

Weekend Adventures - It's Spring!! + Impact Diet Whey

Guess who is still sick? Me! You know how it is when you just don't feel like yourself and you can't remember what day of the week it is or when you are making breakfast, you put lemon juice in your oatmeal instead of your hot water. That's been me!

Go away, sickness.

This weekend was spent mostly at home. For breakfast both days, I made some toasties for two! I have been obsessed with toast recently. I made avocado toast as well as goat cheese, honey, fresh thyme and pistachio toast. So delicious.


Carson went to the groomers. He was already the sweetest dog and super cute.

Before

But he was even fluffier and cuter than ever after his first groom. Plus, his fur has never been whiter. Oh my goodness!

After

On Easter morning, I decided that we needed to do an Easter egg hunt for the doggies. So I got some eggs from Target, filled them with treats and placed them around the backyard. 


Yeah, the dogs did not really get it. More interested in their daddy than the eggs. 


Gus also recently turned 10 months old. I can't believe how much he has changed and grown. He is such a husband doodle.


For Easter dinner, I made an epic meal for Raisin Bread and myself.


We had classic deviled eggs.


A roasted rack of lamb with a mint yogurt sauce and roasted carrots.


Cope's Corn (It's a Pennsylvania Dutch thing).


Yummy yummy!


For dessert, we had strawberries and cream trifle. I hate the way Peeps taste, but they make awesome garnishes.


The rest of the weekend was spent doing a lot of spring cleaning. My mommy is visiting for nine days this month and we are preparing for her stay. Raisin Bread also went on a landscaping spree and guzzyed up the front lawn a bit. I also tried to give myself some time to rest, which did not seem to help because I only got more sick!

Before I let you go, I wanted to introduce you to MyProtein Impact Diet Whey, a protein powder that I have been using for a little while now. Impact Diet Whey is a great source of protein, fiber and carbohydrates for those looking to decrease their body fat.

I am typically not a fan of drinking protein powder mixed with only water or milk. I have a hard time finishing an entire serving. Instead, my favorite thing to do is come up with fun protein powder smoothie recipes.  


This one is my current favorite.

Impact Diet Whey Chocolate and Fruit Smoothie

- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup of frozen mixed berries
- 1 tablespoon of non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop of Double Chocolate Impact Diet Whey
- 1 squeeze of honey

Combine and blend. Et voila! It makes a great and tasty start to your morning.


My favorite things about Impact Diet Whey are 1) the taste is not too sweet and 2) the texture is not too gritty. I also used only one scoop instead of the suggested two, so it only added 100 calories to my smoothie.


Disclosure: I received a sample of MyProtein Impact Diet Whey for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment