Nov 13, 2014

runDisney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Health & Fitness Expo 2014

This fall has certainly been a busy travel season for me. I returned Tuesday night from a five day trip to Walt Disney World to run my fourth half marathon: the 2014 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon. Wine & Dine takes place during the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival and at the beginning of Disney's Christmas season, so along with running 13.1 miles, I spent some time taking in the seasonal sights at WDW.

My sister, brother-in-law and I arrived in Florida on Friday afternoon, and after checking in to our hotel, headed to the Expo, which was held at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.


The Expo itself was nothing to write home about. In fact, there was not a whole lot going on. 


It was already pretty late in the evening, so the lines had dwindled by the time we got there. Picking up our packets and purchasing our race memorabilia was a breeze.



I did have to stop by the runDisney booth to see the Star Wars and Avengers medals in person!


We also spotted the one and only Jeff Galloway and wanted to meet him, but there were too many people having 15 minutes conversations with him. So I just took a creeper photo of him.


For the rest of the evening, we hung out in Downtown Disney for dinner and shopping.

Pluto water art in Downtown Disney

Christmas Mickey water art in Downtown Disney
 



This is my third runDisney half marathon and is possibly my last, so I decided to dress up this time. Can you guess who I was?

That's right, Duffy! I was Sulley (James P. Sullivan) from Monsters, Inc. and Monsters University.



Can't wait to tell you about the rest of my trip and especially about race day!

No comments:

Post a Comment