Jun 5, 2014

{Product Review} Vega Sport Pre-Workout Energizer #FuelYourBetter Campaign

How do you #FuelYourBetter

That is the question Vega Sport and Fit Approach have posed to me and my fellow Sweat Pink Ambassadors and Vega Bloggers

Vega Bar Blogger photo Badge_Vega200_zps53a557dd.png

With my busy schedule and constant training, getting through a workout is one thing. Gathering the energy to start the workout or even getting myself out the door is another one entirely! Finding the best way to fuel myself prior to a workout has been a challenge I have struggled with. The wrong fuel makes the workouts themselves unnecessarily grueling. Sometimes I even have cut them short for this very reason.

That is why I chose the Vega Sport Pre-Workout Energizer for my product review. 

If you remember my review of Vega One's Nutritional Shakes, you will remember that Vega was created by an endurance athlete who subscribes to a plant-based diet. Likewise, the Vega Sport line of products is plant-based. 

For this campaign, I received a box of 12 single packs of the Pre-Workout Energizer in Acai Berry flavor.

I love that they come individually packaged, so that I can take with me on the go. They are perfect for me to take in the late afternoon before my after-work gym time.


I recently got a shaker cup, so I filled it up and added a pack of the powder to it. Then I gave it a good shake. While the directions say to use 8 ounces of water, I used a bit more because I wanted to dilute the flavor for my own taste.

I love my shaker cup! As you can see, the consistency is quite good and there were not any lumps to be found.


I found myself shocked by the taste! It was actually not too bad, and I can definitely see myself being able to drink these without any problems. 

The only downside to my experience with the Pre-Workout Energizer is that I am currently forbidden from working out! I was accepted into this campaign before my surgery, and I am still under doctor's orders of no exercise...at all. 

One thing I am allowed to do is go on walks, so I used the drink prior to my daily jaunts around the block. Energy is something that I have definitely been lacking in my recovery. 


What's my take? While I haven't had a chance to see if the Pre-Workout Energizer gives me sustained energy and increased endurance, they have helped fuel my walks around the block. I like the consistency and the flavor is fine. Once I get the okay from my doctor to begin exercising again, I will definitely be testing the drink out some more.  

To learn more about Vega Sport's Fuel Your Better campaign, visit here

DisclosureThrough my affiliation with Fit Approach, I received one box of Vega Sport Pre-Workout Energizer from Vega for the purpose of this review. No compensation was received. All opinions are my own. Read my full disclosure here

No comments:

Post a Comment