Dec 10, 2013

Weekend Update: Christmas Prep, Museum Visit and Snow!

That time of year has arrived...when things become crazy busy both at home and at work. Ugh. I have a headache already. 

This weekend was a sample of what the next few weeks will be like. So much to do! Raisin Bread is winding up his last semester of graduate school. After this week, neither of us will be in school for the first time since 2010. I am hoping the next year will bring us lots of fun together instead of lots of work. 

On Friday night, I put up our tiny tree for our tiny apartment. 

Our cute little tree!

I also hung the stockings since we don't have a fireplace, the stockings were hung on the dining room wall with care!


I wanted to stay out of Raisin Bread's hair over the weekend so he could do his work, so I decided to head into the city to pay a visit to the National Museum of American History. No matter how many times I visit this museum, there is always something new to see plus I love seeing my favorite pieces over and over again. 

Richard Scarry illustrations, leech jar, NBC microphone and Dorothy's ruby slippers

It's Kermy!!! The museum is opening a new exhibit this week on Puppetry in America, which I can't wait to see. 


Another piece of Americana - Archie Bunker's chair.


I visited the First Ladies exhibit for the first time in many years and got to see FLOTUS's beautiful Jason Wu gown. Love! 


The atrium was decked out for the holidays!


I was super happy to stumble upon a performance by the U.S. Air Force Singing Sergeants! They were great. 


On Sunday, we got the first snow of the season. I ventured out to hit the gym. It was so pretty and not as uncomfortable as I was expecting it to be.


I filled the rest of the day with doing laundry, preparing two meals, buying Christmas presents and baking banana caramel bread. Yum!


The cold temperatures made for some pretty sights on my way to work on Monday morning. Look at these icicle-laden branches.


The forecast is calling for more snow this week. That makes me so happy!

In other news, I did not get into the Nike Women's Half. Woohoo! I'm really glad that I didn't get in. I was feeling very regretful after I applied, so I'm glad that everything worked out. 


Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment