Dec 31, 2013

Running in 2013 by the Numbers

Many of you know that 2013 was my first full year as a runner. My goals this year were to complete my first half marathon (check) and to finish 13 races in 2013 (check and then some).

I collected many medals, of which I am most proud of my Coast to Coast medal!



My stats for 2013
Half marathons: 5 (two in person and 3 virtual)
10 Milers: 1
10Ks: 4
5Ks: 7 (3 in person and 4 virtual)
Total races: 17 (10 in person and 7 virtual)
Total Mileage: 375.52 miles

My top two running-related lessons of 2013 are:

1) You will get a lot of race t-shirts, but you should not expect any of them to fit. In fact, if they do happen to fit and they are wearable, consider yourself lucky!

My pile of races shirts. Most, of which, do not fit. 

2) I am not a virtual racer. If you read my MCM 10K race recap, you will understand when I say that races are events. They bring out real emotions for me and the feeling that we are all doing something together. Virtual races are not events in my mind. In 2014, I will not be doing any more virtual races.

As 2013 comes to a close, I am looking forward to many more miles in 2014!

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on becoming a runner! I kinda like to run, too. ;) You racked up some impressive mileage and half-marathons for being so new. Can't wait to see what you do in 2014. Come to Charleston and run the Cooper River Bridge Run so we can meet? Happy running.

    ReplyDelete