Mar 19, 2013

Disney's Princess Half Marathon Trip Report: Animal Kingdom


We tried to start off my only full day at WDW bright and early since our time in the parks the previous day had been limited. After breakfast at the Wilderness Lodge, we traveled to the Animal Kingdom.

The park wasn't very crowded yet at this time of day so we decided to head straight to Expedition Everest. It had a reasonable wait time so we joined the line.


Looking at my pictures now, I am still amazed by all of the details that go into creating the Disney experience. Everest was a thrilling start to our day. 


While we were still in Asia, we walked the Maharajah Jungle Trek seeing many different animals along the way, including tigers, bats and a komodo dragon!


Next, we ventured into Africa and the Pangani Forest Trail. Along the way, we encountered many different birds of bright colors.


We picked up FastPasses from Kilimanjaro Safaris and got times for after lunch. We decided to try to get into Tusker House before our reservation time and got seated right away. During lunch, we met Mickey and Goofy (I missed Daisy because I had gone out to get more food from the buffet). This was my first character dining experience and I thought it was lots of fun.



Lunch ended just as we hit our FastPass return time. Although we were able to see a lot of animals, I felt like the drivers had to rush us through the ride. We didn't stop for more than a second, if at all, we when saw an animal, which required some quick picture taking. 


As we were making our way out of the park, we saw Dug and Russell from Up! And we got my favorite picture of my sister from the entire trip! She loves Dug. 

  

We got one last glimpse of the Tree of Life before heading to the Magic Kingdom for the remainder of the day.  



If you missed my other Princess Half Trip Report posts, check them out:
- Wilderness Lodge and Fit for a Princess Expo
- Hollywood Studios and Pasta in the Park Party

No comments:

Post a Comment