Mar 4, 2013

Disney's Princess Half Marathon Trip Report: Wilderness Lodge and Fit for a Princess Expo

My weekend at Walt Disney World for the Princess Half Marathon Weekend was a complete whirlwind and completely packed with activity. I wished I had more time to spend in Orlando and at WDW, but still, I was happy to have spent a few days taking it all in and having my first runDisney experience. 

I arrived at Orlando International Airport around 9:30 on Friday morning and made my way (of course, going the wrong way first, per usual) to Disney's Magical Express. I loved this service that takes resort guests directly from the airport to the Disney Resorts. Super convenient. 


A short time later, I found myself at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. This is the first time I have ever stayed in a Disney property and as is the Disney way, it is all in the details!

Photo from Cruising Goddess

The lobby gave me the first clue as to how overwhelming this weekend was going to be for me. 

Photo from Cruising Goddess

I found myself drawn to this fireplace every time we returned to the hotel. If only I had a second to spare, I would have sat by that fireplace to decompress. 

Bridge photo from Cruising Goddess

The hotel room was also filled with the little details that make Disney Disney.

 Photo from Cruising Goddess

Like beavers on the bedposts, Thumper on the pillows and Chip and Dale in the shower along with Bambi and Meeko. Our view from the patio even gave us the feeling that we were somewhere special.


 Photos from Cruising Goddess

Rebecca and Chris were still at the hotel so we made our way to the Fit for a Princess Expo to pick up our race bibs. This process was much more involved than any of us had anticipated. First of all, the shuttles were not running in a timely manner at all. We waited at least 20 minutes for a shuttle to arrive and when we got to the Expo, it was a complete zoo. Next time, I am going to plan on setting aside much more time to spend at the Expo. 


While I was standing in line to pick up my race packet, I spotted Sean Astin, actor (Mikey/Rudy/Samwise Gamgee) and runDisney enthusiast! He was super nice and pumped to be there!

 Photo from Cruising Goddess

After we successfully picked up everything, I really just wanted to get out of the Expo so we could enjoy the parks! Unfortunately, we got distracted by a few things. So much going on! 


Here are the contents of our race packets: technical shirt, button, temporary tattoo, Luna Bar, mesh bag and race program. 



If I hadn't been desperately wanting to make the most of my park hopper ticket, I would have done some wandering around the Expo, but we were really cramming a lot into the day. Oh well, off to Hollywood Studios!

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh the wilderness lodge looks as lovely as ever. Im saving up to go back during food and wine at epcot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jealous! Food and Wine looks like it will be a blast.

      Delete