Dec 17, 2012

Weeks 6 and 7 Training Update

I just realized that I missed a weekly update. Apologies! Finals, holidays, work...you've heard the excuses before. 

I've been trying to mix up my workouts with running and other activities, but have not been super successful so far! 

Week 6
Sunday - strength training
Tuesday - ran 3.1 miles and strength training
Friday - 55 minute Pilates Jumpboard class
Saturday - ran 4 miles

Week 7
Sunday - ran 2 miles
Tuesday - ran 2.8 miles and strength training
Thursday - ran 2.8 miles
Saturday - ran 8.6 miles (Whoa!)

I found myself in New York City this weekend so I decided to work my long run into my trip. I ran from Downtown Brooklyn, across the Brooklyn Bridge, continuing west and around the tip of Manhattan and back. Walking Running across the Brooklyn Bridge was one of the things that I have always wanted to do but never got around to it. I was happy to have the chance to finally do it!

Brooklyn to Manhattan across the Brooklyn Bridge

It was a beautiful day for running and once I got to the perimeter of the island, the crowds dissipated and I was left in the company of just a few fellow runners. I also got to see this lovely lady. Tiny from here! 

Statue of Liberty

Getting back to Brooklyn, I hit a snag and lost my way for a bit and got extremely frustrated, but I eventually made it back.

Stay tuned for more on my trip to New York!

No comments:

Post a Comment