Mar 27, 2014

Kintaro (Washington, DC)

This winter has been completely brutal. Just when we think it's going to be spring, here comes another round of snow, wind, rain or a combination of all of the above. 

I'm always in the mood for noodles, but after another harsh week of winter weather, nothing sounds better than a big, hearty bowl of ramen noodles. Yum! 

Raisin Bread and I visited Kintaro in Georgetown recently to get our ramen fix! 

I started off my meal with salmon onigiri. Onigiri is basically a rice ball wrapped in nori, but mine also had a bit of salmon tucked away in the middle. It also came with a few pickles. I guess that a rice ball can sound pretty bland, but I've always found it to be a perfect snack. 

Salmon onigiri - $3

After my onigiri, I moved on to my bowl of tonkotsu ramen. Tonkotsu refers to the soup base and is pork bone broth. Along with oodles of noodles, my bowl came with sliced pork, bean sprouts, scallions, boiled egg, fish cake, seaweed and pickled ginger.

Tonkotsu ramen - $10

While it wasn't the best bowl of ramen I've ever had in my life or even in DC, it was delicious and kept me warm on another cold winter's day.

In addition to ramen, Kintaro serves sushi, sashimi, teriyaki and other warm dishes.

Kintaro
1039 33rd Street, NW
Washington, DC 20007

No comments:

Post a Comment