Jul 5, 2012

Visit to Los Angeles: I like noodles

Now that I'm all growns up, I realize how amazing Torrance is when it comes to Asian food. Yes, I said it. Torrance is kind of amazing. It's not easy to find a) good, b) authentic, c) nearby, and d) affordable Asian food where I currently live. Torrance has all of the above and a lot of it. 

So I pretty much went on a noodle spree when I went home to visit last month. 

There were mul naengmyeon (Korean cold buckwheat noodles) from Da Maat.  


Then there was zaru soba from I-naba. The last time I had soba was on my honeymoon in Hawaii.


I got the upgraded version that came with a tuna bowl. Yum!


Last noodles of the trip were from Hakata Ramen Shinsengumi (okay, so not in Torrance but Gardenia is close enough). This was my first time here. The staff is super exuberant. The meals are customizeable, so you can select the noodle firmness and strength of the broth. I also added corn and bamboo shoots and had mine without green onion. 
.

That's it for my oodles of noodles but I'll tell you about some of the others things I ate soon!

Da Maat
2814 Sepulveda Boulevard
Torrance, CA 90505

I-naba
20920 Hawthorne Boulevard
Torrance, CA 90510

Hakata Ramen Shinsengumi
2015 West Redondo Beach Boulevard
Gardena, CA 90247

No comments:

Post a Comment