Oct 25, 2010

A Whole Lotta Home-cooking

Raisin Bread and I have been cooking up a storm at home. This week is another story because I had finals but here is a sampling of some of my favorite dishes so far.

Pork chops with cranberry port
"Greek-style" fritatta with spinach, black olives, feta and sundried tomatoes
Pork chop with apple butter glaze
Roasted whole carrots
My version of California Chicken Cafe's broccoli (crack) salad
Avocado, cucumber, carrot and shrimp sushi
Stuffed acorn squash with bacon-wrapped asparagus
Crab cakes with sauteed spinach

5 comments:

  1. Looks delightful. Where do you get such nice vegetables in D.C.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tarrant,
    Thanks for commenting! I actually don't have access to many stores but I do shop at three places on a regular basis: Whole Foods, Safeway and my Saturday farmers market.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca,
    I'll try to post recipes the next time I share some more of our home-cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah. I lived in DC in the pre-Whole Foods days.

    ReplyDelete